Come and write haiku in the Japanese Garden!
Support KS2 curriculum learning by giving pupils a chance to:
- Learn about Edwardian Britain and Japanese culture and approaches to nature, via a history of the Japanese Garden at Newstead
- Reflect on what has changed at Newstead since the garden was built, exploring the ‘then and now’ of history
- Learn about haiku, a traditional poetry form that has fascinated writers for centuries, combining responses to nature with personal feelings and reflections
- Write their own haiku inspired by the gorgeous surroundings of the garden!
- Explore call and response ‘Renga’ – an even earlier form of haiku – to encourage collaborative creative work.
Session Duration: 1.5 hours | 10.30am–12.00pm or 1.00pm – 2.30pm.
Cost: £6 per pupil
Full day with Tour : 4 hours | 10.30am- 2.30pm.
Cost: £10 per pupil
Key Stage: 2/3
Contact Us By Email
Or by phone 0115 876 1420