Keeping everyone safe
As per the latest government regulations, see our facilities available and extra measures we’re taking so you can enjoy your visit.
Saturday 27th March – Access to the Formal Gardens is available via the 5 bar gate, while the gate from the south lodge, hawks lawn and the one near the sewage plant near the garden house is locked. This is in place temporarily while we have sheep in Paradise Field and to give the land a chance to rest before the summer season.
Find out how to make the most of your visit to Newstead Abbey.
Here to help
Our staff are always keen to help the public get the most out of their visit.
For those with limited mobility or bespoke needs we offer:
- Mobility parking in main car park and near the entrance to the House & Abbey.
- Accessible toilets (near the Courtyard).
- Induction loop access across areas of the site.
- Wheelchair access to ground floor locations only. Please note: stairs feature on the tour routes.
- Manual wheelchairs for use in the House and Gardens. These can be collected from the House or Café on arrival.
- Our Café is fully accessible to wheelchair users.