The Park Rangers enhance the visitor experience through increased engagement and information about the Park, their wildlife, heritage and management. Our Rangers are our eyes and ears on the ground. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone wanting to share their passion for parks and wildlife, and who enjoys interacting with the public.
What you will be doing
- Helping people to enjoy the park and appreciate its many special qualities, encouraging people to think positively and act responsibly towards the site and its wildlife.
- Raising awareness of wildlife protection issues such as the importance of not disturbing the wildlife and not getting too close to site wildlife (deer, peacocks, water birds etc).
- Patrolling the site and litter picking
- Assisting with various ad hoc events and task days as required
- Assisting the public with directions, garden history and generally providing a welcoming and friendly face in the grounds.
- Occasional light gardening duties, watering weeding etc
- Liasing with the Volunteer Lead and Estate Lead
The skills you need
- Enthusiasm for being outdoors in the parks and gardens.
- Friendly and approachable
- Confident communicator.
- Physically able to access uneven ground and heavy vegetation if necessary.
- Self-reliant and able to undertake duties in all weather
- Ability to take and act on instruction from staff and Lead Volunteers
What’s in it for you
- Contribute towards keeping the gardens, park looking great and protecting the wildlife.
- Enjoy beautiful surroundings
- Learn new skills and gain confidence in a work environment
- Meet new people and have the opportunity to socialise with fellow volunteers in a team from all backgrounds and ages.
- Chance to share your passion for our sites with the public.
- Get discounts in our cafés and shops, free tea or coffee, and free parking while volunteering