This October 2023
October & Halloween
Discover Newstead Abbey & Gardens if you dare this Halloween & October half term.
- Explore the grounds with the ‘Haunted Houses’ outdoor trail
- Discover tales of ghosts with the the Family Ghost Tour
- Meet some of Newstead Abbey’s most famous spectral residents by exploring the Historic House at night.
- Keep your eyes peeled for the ‘Naughty Gnomes of Newstead‘ inside the Historic House
- An outdoor cinema experience like no other with Ghostbusters (12), Beetlejuice (15) and Hocus Pocus (PG)
- Indulge in gifts & treats in our shop & cafés
- Enjoy leaf kicking Autumn walks in Newstead Park
Join us this October for fearsome fun for all ages!
Family Ghost Tour
With this exclusive 3pm tour, you’ll be able to discover the Historic House and learn about the ghosts of Newstead.
Dates: Weekends 28th & 29th October and 4th & 5th November.
Time: 3 pm
Tour length: 1 hour
Price: £12 per adult / Kids go free
Site entry & parking charges apply.
Outdoor ‘Haunted Houses’ Trail
Lord Byron lived in the haunted Newstead Abbey, loved to read Ghost stories and was the inspiration for a Vampire story.
Date: During October Half-term
Price: £2 (includes goodie bag of spooky treats & trail sheet)
Available from Historic House shop. Site entry & parking charges apply
‘Meet the Ghosts’ evening house tours
Explore the Historic House at night and meet some of its most famous spectral residents of Newstead Abbey.
Dates: Monday 30th October and Tuesday 31st October
Start times: 7.30 pm or 8.30 pm
Price: £20 per person
OVER 18’s RECOMMENDED
Traditional Rides Presents: Vintage Fun Fair
Fun for all the family with the Traditional Rides fair at Newstead Park.
Dates: 21st October 2023 – 6th November 2023
10.30 am -17.00 pm (until 16.00 pm from 30th October 2023)
Café & shop
Get inspired with gifts & treats in the café and shop.
Image: Autumn Special – S’mores
October is a perfect time of year to enjoy the seasonal changes including fiery autumnal colours of the trees in Wollaton Park.